The New Jim Crow
1. Ferguson, Missouri has a population of approximately 21,000 people — roughly 75% of those residents are Black
2. The Ferguson police department has around 530 cops —less than 5 of them are Black
3. Ferguson had *zero* homicides for all of 2014 —until Michael Brown was murdered by Darrin Wilson
4. Things you should know: Five Myths About Black-on-Black Crime
5. Michael Brown was 18yrs old and was about to begin college. Brown had no criminal record, and despite the Ferguson PD’s smear campaign, Mike Brown PAID FOR the cigars —those facts are all important and should be known, but even if Brown was a high school dropout with prior arrests who stole the cigars, 1) it wouldn’t have made his life any less valuable, 2) we have a court system and those are not capital offenses and 3) it doesn’t change the fact that the cop who killed him, Darren Wilson, had no idea about Brown’s personal history when he executed Brown. Wilson saw only a Black teen deemed either “too uppity” or “suspicious” because of his skin color
6. Five examples: The Militarization of the police
7. It’s deeply Institutional: Police view Black Children As Less Innocent
8. So please - don’t get it twisted
nice legs daisy dukes makes a mango doot doot
"sir what you did is literally 100 percent illegal"
"ok but get this: im a rich white person"
"oh sorry about that sir"
An officer got fired with no pay for shooting a dog. Let me repeat that for you. AN OFFICER GOT FIRED WITH NO PAY FOR SHOOTING A DOG. Then on the other hand we got an officer on leave getting paid for shooting an 18 year old. Ladies and gentleman, AMERICA!
— While having a conversation with my best friend. (via just-perfectly-unperfect)
Summer Roll Sushi from wholeheartedeats
donkey kong get your stupid fucking ape hands off of me touching bananas and shit goddamn i hate you so much i cant even eat you because i get the fucking power of looking like a fucking onion fuck you donkey kong
hash browns will be served at my wedding
We’re not people really. Our concerns are not America’s concerns. We are just here for entertainment. We’re a convenient treasure trove of limitless creativity to be pillaged, watered down, and re-purposed for White audiences and the people getting rich from bastardized stereotypes and simplified caricatures of everything we bring to the table have nothing to say when shit gets really real.